Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the OutPost Blog. I am a military spouse living in Hawaii and decided last year to try something new.  I did not want to go back to school or work for someone else and since it has always been a dream of mine to own my own business in the retail world or a coffee house, I finally took the plunge and embarked on my new adventure.  It has been many years in the making and I have spent countless hours researching vendors, product lines and dreaming. Maybe it took so long to come to fruition because I was terrified, " what if I fail, what if no one buys my products" but as a dear friend always says "it was time to put on my big girl panties" and take the risk.  I have been in business now for a year and I have been slowly building clients and adding new products to my line.  I was lucky that I had a few venues to launch my business.  I started by becoming a vendor for the local spouses clubs, The Hui O'Wahine,(www.huispirit.com )and The Hui O Na Wahine, (www.schofieldspousesclub.com) at their monthly Luncheons.  This has given me visibility in the community without opening a storefront. Since we are military and can be moved at any moment, a storefront for now was out of the question because of the contracts and lease requirements, although that is the ultimate goal when my spouse retires.  I have produced a small catalog, opened a Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honolulu-HI/The-OutPost/171344557889) and now a Blog.  Believe me I am not in it to become a millionaire, rather I wanted to launch a business that provided gifts and collectibles at a reasonable price that everyone could afford.  I have been truly blessed with the support of my spouse, family and friends but the biggest THANK YOU goes to my customers, without their buying power and recommendations to their friends, I would not be successful.  So here goes, looking forward to another year of doing business in Honolulu, HI and having fun doing it.
Aloha

No comments: